Manager Quote of the Week
“Often when I don’t know something, I act in front of the players as if I do. I do it so they believe I have the answers and that gives them the confidence to play.”
Pep Guardiola – taken from the must watch ‘All or Nothing’ Man City Doc, released Aug 17th on Amazon Prime.
Here’s a clip of the man himself doing a decent David Brent impersonation!
When Pep turned into David Brent. 😄😄😄 pic.twitter.com/41APUSrQ9n
— 90min (@90min_Football) August 19, 2018
Gameweek 2 was another high scoring round with the average across all teams being 60 points. Those that took @theTinkermen advice last week and captained Aguero would have been richly rewarded with a huge 40 point haul. A special mention for the budget pick, Ricardo Pereira, who also made it into the FPL dream team, with a 12 point return and another eye catching performance for Leicester. Other star performers this week were Alonso(13), Trippier(11) and Gross(10); reminding us that they may continue on where they left off, last season.
The gameweek 3 deadline is 11:30 on August 25th.
Every gameweek we’ll ask a league member or an FPL veteran to provide their choice of player in 6 key areas, relating to the upcoming fixtures. This weeks predictions have been kindly put together courtesy of a consistent FPL top performer and fellow TCM Litecoin League participant – Conor Twomey. Conor has some incredibly impressive finishes to his name, including 2 x top 1k’s and 2 x top 2k’s, and looks set to continue the trend with a fast start to the current season. Conor’s past rankings with his team, Timeforce FC, can be viewed here. He is on Twitter (@conor2me87 )
Essential: Sergio Aguero £11.1m (wol v MCI)
Can an entire team be essential? No? How about just Aguero then. With last week’s massive haul of 3 goals and an assist against Huddersfield Sergio Aguero’s 20 point haul secures an ‘essential’ status. The ‘Pep Roulette’ was in full swing last week and all of the Aguero owners came out the big winners. Over the last two gameweeks Sergio has had 18 penalty area touches, 12 goal attempts, 8 goal attempts inside the box and has created 3 big chances. He faces a Wolves side who have flattered to deceive this so far season.
Nice to have: Aubameyang £10.9m (ARS v whm)
One of the best ways to climb the ranks of your mini league is to get a player in who is about to hit form. Many fantasy managers have decided to dump Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Set to drop tonight. pic.twitter.com/S72ABSsgM1
— FPLFreddo (@FplFreddo) August 21, 2018
I am putting my neck out and expect him to punish those trigger-happy FPL managers. Im expecting big things from the Gabonese international this season. Arsenals fixtures take a huge turn in fortune and they face a West Ham side who have conceded 6 goals already this term.
Differential: David Silva £8.4m (wol v MCI)
He’s back, retired from international football, currently owned by 5.4% of teams and he’s ready to blow your team wide open. It only took 63 minutes for Silva to score an spectacular free kick and have the most key passes (6) of any player last week. You may have to take another spin on the ‘Pep roulette’ but with a Kevin De Bruyne sized hole left in the Man City midfield, one can fully expect David Silva to pull the strings in the city midfield and help City add to their 7 goal tally.
Clean Sheet (Team) – Liverpool (LIV v bha)
Im going to have to go with a Liverpool clean sheet this week. Isn’t it funny what spending over 140 million on two players can do to a side? Liverpool, after another solid display to keep Crystal Palace at bay, are the only team yet to concede a goal this season and they should keep their 100% record this week. Brighton are notoriously goal shy away from home and although they may be on a high from beating Manchester United at home last week, I don’t hold much hope for Brighton and the 34 year-old Glenn Murray to score against Virgil Van Dyke and a very impressive Liverpool back line.
Budget Option: Mitrovic £6.5m (FUL v bur)
The first two gameweek preview’s both went with defensive budget picks, both of which scored 12 points; Alexander Mitrovic is the man to continue this trend. The striker certainly passed the eye test and got his first goal of the season last week against Spurs. Mitrovic is at home to a Burnley side who play 3 games in 7 days. I expect Mitrovic and the Fulham attack to put the sword to a tired Burnley side.
Captain Choice: Mo Salah £13m (LIV v bha)
Another headache for fantasy mangers this week as City and Liverpool both look to continue their fine start to the season. I’m opting for the home side and Mo Salah to reap rewards for fantasy managers. Even on an ‘off night’ Salah still managed two assists against a solid Palace side.
The Egyptian prince has had 19 touches inside the box, 10 goal attempts over the first two game weeks and created 4 big chances for his team mates. He’s owned by 54% of managers for a reason.
League Points Scoring:
- @fplcolonel (Conor Duffy) leads the way with 195 points overall on another high scoring gameweek. Many are in close pursuit – 4 players within 12 points of the lead. It is still very early days.
- Aguero(12) and Salah(10) were the most captained player. Commiserations to @cryptoholic. He put the armband on Jamie Vardy last week, who looked a great choice on paper, but saw red to punish owners with a negative return.
- 20 out of the 34 mini league teams finished the gameweek scoring above the overall fpl average of 60 points.
- We have 34 entrants and the deadline to join has now passed.
- Some of the entries are unknown to me. If you are yet to introduce yourself then please come forward on twitter or email myself (email@example.com)
- There is currently 1.08386 LTC in the prizepool wallet. Nine Teams have paid up so far.
- The pool will hopefully continue to grow as the payments come in
- Entry is 0.12 LTC
- Instructions here
- The Litecoin wallet address for sending payment is Leu1AksPGJNmw9wM11SCRrRGtdAVTzbVFR
- Anybody who has not made payment on this list please begin to make plans to do so as soon as possible, otherwise risk being removed/suspended from the League.
|Team Name||Player Name||Paid|
|Kane(C) and Co.||Cathal Byrne||Yes|
|Sons of pitches||Rodney Marron||No|
|Gun’s N Moses||Conor Duffy||No|
|Oasa XI||Analyst Stins||No|
|Radley’s Runaways||James Radley||No|
|Guinney’s Lilywhites||Aidan Mc Guinness||No|
|Sivi dom||Dusan Milanovic||No|
|Fergie’s big coat||Brian Crilly||Yes|
|Olympics FC||Jon Hammond||No|
|Fronchy FC||Nacho Franch||No|
|The Squad||Vadim Weinig||Yes|
|Team Caoimhe||Caoimhe Lally||Yes|
|Cryptoholic FC||Abil Klinaku||Yes|
|Timeforce FC||Conor Twomey||No|
|Palace St-Germain FC||Daniel Twomey||No|
|Wheelchair Wanderers||Bernard Kelly||No|
|Maradonas class A’s||shaun bellamy||Yes|
|Mou XI||Aswin Selvakumar||No|
|saint–El–fanito||fana Abdul hakeem yusuf||No|
|SHOW ME DA MANÉ||Andrew Adegasoye||No|
|MR M.Hamdy Zamalkawy||Mohamed Hamdy||No|
|THE TITANS™⚽�||Nana Frimpong Amoako||No|
|Viva la Komtung||Safe Yabesia||No|
|Her bang the dunk||Adeline Niesha||No|
Litecoin Price Update:
- The cryptocurrency market has been in a bear market since mid January 2018. This essentially means that the price of coins has gradually decreased during this period because the number of sellers (Bears) outweigh the number of buyers (Bulls). The bears are still in control of the market price.
- Many of the top 100 cryptocurrencies are down up to 90% from their ATH (all time high price). The flip of general market sentiment, from bearish to bullish, has shown no signs of developing any time soon.
- Gizmodo.com put together a few stories from the recent 2018 downturn and some are hard to read – excerpt: “Kim Hyon-jeong, a 45-year-old teacher and mother of one who lives on the outskirts of Seoul, said she put about 100 million won, or $90,000, into cryptocurrencies last fall. She drew on savings, an insurance policy and a $25,000 loan. Her investments are now down about 90 percent” Read More.
Coin of the Week:
- Sia (SC) connects users who need file storage with hosts worldwide offering their spare hard drive capacity. The Sia blockchain allows this marketplace to run without an intermediary as renters of space transact directly with hosts, using Siacoin.
- We all use or have heard of cloud storage solutions such as google drive and dropbox. SIA offers a decentralized cloud storage solution. This is preferable for many reasons. Its cheaper and more efficient to run, and since your data is spread out, takes away the ‘single point of failure’ risk associated with current solutions like dropbox. Learn More.
- Nebulous, Inc. was established in 2014 and launched the Sia Storage Platform in 2015. Based in Boston, Nebulous is funded by Raptor Group, First Star Ventures, Fenbushi Capital and INBlockchain.
- You can buy/sell Siacoin (SC) on any major cryptocurrency exchange platform.
Tweet of the week:
Last week we mentioned how Venezuela’s national currency has suffered hyperinflation. This tweet aptly demonstrates the demise of the Bolivar.
— Girish Gupta (@jammastergirish) August 22, 2018
- Buy: LTC Litecoin – so you can pay your entry fee to the league.
- Sell: FIAT Euro/USD/GBP – in order to buy at least 0.12 LTC for league entry payment!
- Hodl: ETC Ethereum Classic – when the next bull run comes around ETC will be the first to pop, in my opinion, and at least double in value. ETC was recently added as an instant buy option on coinbase – exposing the currency to the platforms approx. 1 million new users every month. (my opinion only – not investment advice!)
- Despite what some may claim, there are no experts in “crypto” because the topic is way too vast and ever-changing.
- There’s an overwhelming amount of updates and information being pumped out of the crypto space; so much so that one would find it near impossible to absorb every detail. However, a good medium for getting a daily dose of crypto updates is the podcast.
- For newcomers to the space who’d like to start slowly assimilating knowledge I recommend the daily ‘cryptoverse‘ podcast by @ChrisConeyInt . Listen to Chris Coney for 20 minutes every day during your routine work commute or gym session and you’ll find yourself seamlessly gaining an understanding of the bitcfoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Best of luck for the upcoming gameweek and stay tuned,
Cathal – @TheCoinMovement